置地廣塲
經典承傳

位於香港中環的心臟地帶,置地廣塲由1904年的小型獨立零售物業 – 亞歷山打行,發展為香港頂尖國際時尚購物聖地。「置地廣塲」品牌創立於2012年3月,為置地公司中環物業中的高級時尚零售品牌,涵蓋置地廣塲中庭、置地歷山、置地遮打和置地太子4座地標建築。

歷史可追溯至1920年代的置地廣塲中庭,為置地廣塲品牌旗下的核心商場。當年一場大火近乎將香港大酒店完全燒毀,事後置地公司收購該址並加以發展。雲集全球最尊貴品牌的置地廣塲中庭,位處中環核心地段,分別於1980年和1983年2個階段落成,而置地廣塲中庭噴水池更成為最具代表性的會面地標之一。2002年,置地廣塲展開大規模改建計劃,推出2層的全新零售空間,並興建置地文華東方酒店。

位處三角地段的亞歷山打行於1904年開幕,1950年代重建為歷山大廈,並在1975年翻新,成為現在37層高的大廈。現稱為置地歷山,是80年代首座連接至地鐵站的置地廣塲物業,其後通過行人天橋與其他地標商場相連。此外,置地公司於1982年在置地歷山前方築造了一個小型花園,其後移交市政總署管理。

置地太子為另一地標建築,於1965年落成,當時為中環帶來一個至今依然矚目的設施──首座連接太子大廈至文華東方酒店的行人天橋。此天橋與隨後建於70年代的行人天橋一同成為中環的獨特景象,時至今日,這些天橋串連了中區超過40幢物業。2002年,置地太子進行大型改建工程,打造專為兒童而設的高級品牌購物體驗。

置地遮打以遮打爵士命名,於2002年開幕,前身為太古大廈。置地遮打以擁有米蘭以外首間ARMANI「概念店」而聞名。概念店由英波裡奧亞曼尼(EMPORIO ARMANI)及喬治阿瑪尼(GIORGIO ARMANI)的旗艦店,以及餐飲體驗ARMANI/AQUA和ARMANI/PRIVé組成。同時設有多間其品牌的店舖,分別提供化妝品 (GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY)、兒童服裝(ARMANI JUNIOR) 及鮮花(ARMANI FIORI)等。

在中區發展為高級時尚購物地段的過程中,與香港歷史息息相關的置地廣塲扮演了舉足輕重的角色。置地廣塲秉承其非凡創新的理念,進一步鞏固作為香港高級時尚樞紐之地位。

-完-

如欲了解更多詳情,請瀏覽http://landmarkpressroom.hk

The Landmark Atrium, c. 1980s In 1928, the Company purchased the site (the part of the Hong Kong Hotel facing Pedder Street and Des Voeux Road Central which was gutted by fire in 1926). In 1932, Gloucester Building was completed on the site. In 1977, Glouester Building was demolished to make way for Gloucester Tower which was completed in 1980. On New Year’s Day 1926, a larger portion of the old Hong Kong Hotel (the part on the Des Voeux Road Central & Pedder Street corner) was completely gutted by fire. The company bought this site (26,000 sq.ft) in 1928 for $1,375,000 and developed on it the Gloucester Building which was completed in 1932. The clock surmounting its corner tower becoming one of Central Victoria’s landmarks until 1977 when Gloucester Building was demolished. One of the first post-war decisions made by the Secretary, Mr Bevan Field, was to move HKL offices from Queen’s Building to the first floor of Gloucester Building. First pedestrian bridge built in 1965 between Prince's Building and Mandarin Hotel. Built by Leigh and Orange for Mody and Chater, ready for occupation in September 1904. HKL purchased it in 1927 to make way for the present Prince’s Building completed ahead of schedule in April 1965. Prince's Building c.1904 - Ready for occupation in September 1904. HKL purchased it in 1927 with HK$3 million. Chater House construction site, 2000 Union House c.1962 - At the junction of Pedder Street (left) and Chater Road (right). Swire House c.1977 - Union House was renamed Swire House in 1976. It is the site of current Chater House. King's Building and Union Building c.1958 - These buildings were demolished in 1958, formed the site of Union House, and was renamed Swire House in 1976. Site of current Chater House. This was the triangular western part of the site owned by HKL, whose original lease dates from October 1904. The Chater Road section was let to various shops from time to time, and the Veoux Road side was let in similar manner for many years to A.S. Watson and Co., to Komor & Komor, and to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The building was a five-storey flat roof construction. Alexandra Building and Royal Building were demolished in the 1950s in favour of a 13-level block, Alexandra House, and completed in 1956. This in turn was demolished in 1975 and a new 34-level tower and podium has risen in its place. This 2nd generation of Alexandra House was completed in 1956. The Royal Building behind it was demolished and new extension was built. Prince’s Building is seen at the back and The Chartered Bank Bldg on the right.